Thursday, April 9, 2015

QR Codes and Kahoot in Kindergarten

This morning we finally embraced BYOD in our kindergarten classroom! The kids have been using their devices in small groups, but we have not attempted any whole group activities yet. Although we only have 4 students with their own device, we were able to buddy up and supplement with our school iPads. First we used a QR code to take us to Kahoot! We then completed a Kahoot that explored weather concepts. This was great practice for our science assessment we took later on. It also gave me a quick snapshot about one topic I needed to touch on again before the assessment. My kids LOVED reviewing this way and it only took my 10 minutes to make the questions. Through my exploration of the site I learned you can browse other teacher created activities and found 2 more we will do next week (one on math facts and one on blends).  I highly recommend searching the site (you can search by grade or content)! #evenkindergartencandoit!


No comments:

Post a Comment