Thursday, March 19, 2015

Don't forget...Simple Technology can be fun too!


At the NCTIES conference I learned a lot of new things, but it was also nice to hear "Don't forget the simple things"...such as using the recording feature on our devices! It was an exciting day in first grade...during Writers Workshop, we were learning how to add dialogue to our Narrative Pieces. So we took out our devices and got to work. My students worked in pairs and pulled open the camera. One student recorded their partner stating one complete sentence. Then the person who was recording had to watch the video and write what their partner said in their journals using the correct quotations and punctuation! For example my boys above recorded the sentence: I love I-Pads and Ms. Willner, so they had to write in their journals, "I love I-Pads and Ms. Willner" said Joe. Once we got the hang of stating complete sentences, we changed the way we delivered the sentences...yelled Joe, whispered Joe, ect. We had an awesome time and every student has transferred this skill into their daily writing! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment