Friday, March 6, 2015

Linoit in First Grade!

Today we used Linoit in Readers Workshop. We were comparing two scholastic news articles on weather. My first graders started by adding a sticky for any fact they learned from the text. As a class, we categorized the stickies by color to decide if it was unique to the text or a similarity about both text. I plan to have kids decide the main topic of each text based off of their sticky notes on Monday.

The best part: Some of my students had a hard time with typing into their sticky so a PROBLEM SOLVER figured how to continue. One of my students discovered that instead of typing their response they could use the voice recorder on their device to add a note quickly.

Another neat part was when a few students began editing their stickies by changing the color to match. They are in First grade and they self-corrected their own work without me asking them to do this!!!

Check it out: http://en.linoit.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment